Embedding Anti-Racist Practice Masterclass/PELP CPD Event – 09.12.20
Practitioners, students and academics were welcomed to join an exciting and challenging debate to meet the following objectives:
- Reflect on our own racial bias: where does it come from and why do we have it?
- Define and demonstrate our responsibilities as Social Workers to identify, challenge and contribute to the eradication of racism.
- Define and demonstrate our responsibilities, as Social Workers, to practice from a critically informed perspective and to demonstrate cultural competence.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of workplaces in which racism is not tolerated and is addressed by everyone.
- In collaboration with service users, defining and creating environments where the impact of racism (at a personal, cultural and structural level) is mitigated and its existence is challenged.
- Define and create, learning and supervision environments in which we can develop skills, knowledge and expertise in Anti-Racist practice.