- This event has passed.
Masterclass/PELP CPD event: Embedding Anti-Racist Practice
9 December 2020 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
The Teaching Partnership and PELP team would like to invite you all to our event ‘Embedding Anti-Racist Practice’ on the 09.12.20 from 10am to 1pm via Microsoft Teams.
We would like to welcome practitioners, students and academics to join us for exciting and challenging debates to meet the following objectives:
1. Reflect on our own racial bias: where does it come from and why do we have it?
2. Define and demonstrate our responsibilities as Social Workers to identify, challenge and contribute to the eradication of racism.
3. Define and demonstrate our responsibilities, as Social Workers, to practice from a critically informed perspective and to demonstrate cultural competence.
4. Contribute to the creation and maintenance of workplaces in which racism is not tolerated and is addressed by everyone.
5. In collaboration with service users, defining and creating environments where the impact of racism (at a personal, cultural and structural level) is mitigated and its existence is challenged.
6. Define and create, learning and supervision environments in which we can develop skills, knowledge and expertise in Anti-Racist practice.
We are going to offer an interactive session to ensure that everyone’s voice can be heard within a safe space.
If you would like to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your place.
We look forward to seeing you all!
Your Teaching Partnership and PELP team