- This event has passed.
PDWTP Masterclass: Reflection and Reflective Supervision – Siobhan Maclean
14 March 2022 @ 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Reflective Practice in Social Work
• What do we mean by reflection, reflective practice and reflexivity?
• What is the difference between reflection and critical reflection?
• Why is reflective practice so important in contemporary social work?
• What are the barriers to reflective practice and how might we overcome these?
• The “Big Six”: Concepts in reflection
• Theories and models of reflection
• Using models to enhance reflection
Supervision in Social Work
Good quality supervision is vital in social work. However, often people are placed in supervisory positions with little or no support or training in this area. The idea seems to be that if you have had supervision then you know how to provide supervision! Siobhan is asked to provide training for supervisors with a range of responsibilities. She explores the idea of reflexivity in supervision and designs the training specifically around the needs of the audience or commissioner. Siobhan’s approach is always practical and supports skill development.