Autumn PELP CPD Event: ‘How we holistically assess: supporting students to critically reflect on their practice’ with Siobhan Maclean
November 10 @ 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
The Practice Education Learning Partnership (PELP) and Pan-Dorset and Wiltshire Teaching Partnership (PDWTP) are inviting you to attend the Autumn CPD event – ‘How we holistically assess: supporting students to critically reflect on their practice’ on Wednesday, 10th November 2021, 13.30-16.30hrs.
This event, funded by the PDWTP, will be delivered by Siobhan Maclean via Zoom. It is aimed at both experienced and training / newly qualified Practice Educators, and also practitioners who have undertaken a supervisor role but may not have begun Practice Educator training within the Pan-Dorset and Wiltshire Teaching Partnership region.
Aims of the event:
• For participants to understand and refresh their knowledge of what reflective practice / critical reflection means.
• For participants to be able to contextualise the role of critical reflection / reflective practice in the holistic assessment of social work students and more specifically in social work practice learning.
• For participants to be able to apply this knowledge – for Practice Educators and supervisors to be able to support and enable social work students to effectively reflect on their practice.
What the session will include:
• To set a context of the skill of reflection as part of the holistic assessment of students.
• To set a context on what we understand critical reflection to mean – the differences between reflection, critical reflection and reflexivity.
• To contextualise the skill of reflection to the key assessment frameworks and as part of the practice educator’s holistic assessment (pre-qualifying and ASYE) Professional Capability Framework / Knowledge and Skills Statements.
• To consider ways of enabling students to reflect effectively (methods / spaces for reflection / tools to enable critical reflection).
• To explore and think about creative ways to promote reflection and critically reflective practice with students.
If you are interested in joining this event, please register your interest via Eventbrite here.
The PDWTP and PELP Team